10 Canning Street, North Melbourne, VIC, 3051
A magnificent design for family living
What we love about this home:
We love the size and location of our home. We bought it because we couldn’t believe a family home could be this close to the city and a 7 minute drive to work. This house has served us well over the past 20+ years.
We have recently renovated the entire house and love the new interior design which gives the home a fresh, contemporary feel.
In winter, we love putting on a fire and curling up with a book in our cosy front lounge. In summer, we tend to use the large living and dining areas at the rear of the property. The automatic louvres installed over the deck provide shade and protection in all weathers, maximizing our use of this area. The double glazed sliding doors can be open or closed – depending on whether you are entertaining a large group or wanting to create a more intimate space.
The master bedroom is a beautiful, spacious room with elegant French doors and a balcony. There is nothing quite like sitting up in bed at the weekend, reading the papers and looking out at the green trees in the middle of the city.
And last but not least, we love our large garage at the rear of the property. Over the years it has housed cars, furniture, belongings…a great spot.
What we love about this suburb:
We have seen many changes in North Melbourne over the years. Twenty years ago we felt that property in this area was undervalued compared to areas like Parkville and Carlton. We felt it was only a matter of time before this suburb would come into its own.
We live on a beautiful wide, tree-lined street close to a small park. In the summer months, the trees provide wonderful shade to the front of our house. We love walking down Dryburgh Street to the local parks and sports venues like the North Melbourne football club’s gym facilities. Our daughter walked to University High School.
We are very spoilt living this close to the city. We can see the tops of the CBD buildings from our lounge. We are a 5 minute drive from Carlton restaurants, North Melbourne cafes and the theatres, sports venues and shops in Melbourne. The 57 tram stop is a short stroll away and the airport is a 20 minute drive.
Shopping is going to become even more convenient with the building of a new Woolworths at the very bottom of our street.
Why we are selling:
Our needs have changed. In the last couple of years, we have retired and realized that, much as we love our home, it’s time to move into something smaller.
Any other information:
We have made some valuable additions to our home in the last 3-4 years.
- The front living area was redesigned to form a small lounge and 4th bedroom.
- The downstairs bathroom was renovated and a shower installed.
- Extra storage space was created under the stairs.
- New and smaller double-glazed windows installed in the hallway.
- Laundry was reconfigured with deep drawers and benchtops.
- Kitchen was redesigned with new marble benchtops, cupboards, fittings and appliances.
- Redesigned the rear living room to provide informal dining areas inside and out.
- Roof space above the master bedroom turned into an attic. A hatch was installed giving access to the roof for repairs and maintenance.
- New reverse cycle air conditioners installed in upstairs bedrooms.
- 100% wool carpets for stairs and bedrooms.
Fabulous result from Team Staver
Review by Moreen Dainty