810 Lygon Street, Carlton North VIC 3054
Deceptively spacious contemporary living
What we love about 810 Lygon Street:
- The location is fantastic – the convenience, ease and access to amenities never ceases to amaze us!
- Local parks and playgrounds are superb, whether it is for children, relaxation or exercise – Curtain Square, Princes Park, Edinburgh Gardens, Carlton Gardens are all regular haunts. There is a real sense of community in this area with everyone utilising these spaces regularly. We are also walking distance to the museum and zoo.
- Cafes/restaurants and shops – Rathdowne Village, Lygon Street (north and south), Nicholson Street all have plentiful options. Naturally our local patisserie 20m away is a convenient delight!
- Barkly Square in Brunswick is our local supermarket and the Victoria Markets are also a great option for food shopping.
- Cinema Nova in Lygon Street is wonderful to have close by and both North Carlton and Carlton libraries are great facilities.
- Fantastic public transport access – tram stop on your doorstep is both convenient and extremely safe, giving easy access into the city for work or play and further on to the arts precinct and sporting venues.
- Bike trails in every direction are fabulous for pleasure riding and for commuting.
- While everything is walkable, there is good access to car parking on Fenwick and Lygon Street (3 parking permits available).
- Excellent primary schools, secondary schools and Melbourne University all close by.
- Great access to major hospital/medical precinct.
- A really lovely community with friendly neighbours who all watch out for each other.
The house itself:
- We purchased the house nine years ago from a family of five, who completed the renovation.
- The flexible layout has adapted easily to our own growing family and changing needs. The rooms have been utilised differently over the years – always having a spare room for our parents from the country to come and stay has meant that the house is a meeting point for friends and family. Having a study or separate living area has provided opportunity to have your own space within the house, which is rare for this area. More recently the transformation into children’s rooms has made this into a versatile family home.
- The house is very secure and low maintenance.