20 Connelly Street, Brunswick VIC 3056
Inner-Urban Oasis of Luxury and Space
What we love about this home:
- We love the look of this house as we approach – it has an elegance and distinctiveness about it
- It is very quiet and has a feeling of peace and wellbeing
- It has a beautiful, relaxing back garden, which we spend a lot of time in – it works well as an additional dining/living area
- The kitchen works so well – it is a joy to prepare meals here
- It has a very private feeling – all the bathrooms are completely shielded from outside view. Most windows look onto greenery
- It is a great house for entertainment – we slide open the large back door, and seamlessly move from inside to outside
- The front verandah is a great place to sit on warm late afternoons
- The street is full of friendly people, which gives a warm, neighbourly atmosphere
- We love having baths – particularly during winter – we have 2 to choose from. We have great conversations and wine in the bath!
- The back garden is very low maintenance, as it is almost entirely paved and decked.
- It is an easy house to keep clean
- It is a very adult house
- We love having upstairs/downstairs – two very separate spaces – hence no noise issues
What we love about this suburb:
- We are within 5 minutes’ walk to the supermarket
- We are within 5 minutes’ walk to at least 10 cafes and 6 bars
- We have many restaurants to choose from in both Sydney Rd and Lygon St – they are all within walking distance
- We are within 5 minutes’ walk to the tram and train
- We are very close to the city, and also the Tullamarine Freeway if we wish to escape to the country.
- We love the vibrancy and eclecticism of both Sydney Rd and Lygon St
- We love the fact that many locals either walk or cycle to local places
- There is a wonderful mix of residents, with many 1st and 2nd generation migrants as well as a major ‘hipster’ population. This makes for a very accepting, vibrant vibe to the whole area.
- The people of Brunswick are generally very open and friendly.
Why we are selling:
- We are selling because this is a large house and 2 of the 3 children who lived here have now left home. We do not need this size house any longer. We are wanting to buy a smaller place in or near Brunswick, and also a country property – probably in the Trentham/ Daylesford/ Clunes vicinity. We often wonder why we have decided to sell!