84 Regent Street, Preston VIC 3072
Extended Californian with Ultimate Versatility
What we love about this home:
We have fully renovated 84 Regent Street and it is a lovely light filled, versatile family home which we have thoroughly enjoyed living in. We love the large rooms and wide passage.
The superb northerly aspect of the back-living area with its bay windows is heavenly in winter! Added to this are our 2 gas log fires which are warm and cosy. We have enjoyed operating a B&B (‘Regent Retreat’) in the front of the house and our guest book is testament to its success. We especially love our hand-crafted pizza oven and have enjoyed many nights making delicious pizzas with family & friends. We love the Californian Bungalow facade of our house and enjoy sitting on the front porch amongst the white roses in the summer months. The storage in our house is extensive and the WIR in the main bedroom is a dream, as is the walk in linen press in the laundry. We love walking around Edwards Lake, our local yoga studios and gym. We enjoy Regent Village shops & cafes especially The Audacious Monk with its Craft beer and fine wine selection.
What we love about this suburb:
Preston is a fabulous suburb to live in. We will be sorry to leave it!
The continually evolving Preston market is a weekly shopping haven and a meeting place for friends and family. Preston is only 9 km from the CBD and very accessible to it by tram and train. Going to the theatre, city restaurants or the football is easy. Our house is approximately 3 minutes’ walk to the tram and 10 to the station. Preston’s close proximity to the Metropolitan Ring Road and Tullamarine Airport is beneficial also.
Why we are selling:
We are moving to the Mornington Peninsula to retire!
- Fabulous storage throughout the house with large built in robes
- 3 storage sheds utilising side space
- Fully fenced and pet safe
- Easy care garden featuring roses, camellias and grafted cut leaf silver birch trees
- Upgraded gas, power and plumbing
- 2 instantaneous gas hot water systems
- 2 evaporative cooling units
- Under floor gas heating throughout
- LED lighting throughout
- 6 television points in the house (3 bedrooms have points)
- Electric (remote) front gate and garage door provide convenience and extra security
- All bedrooms are generous sizes
- All lead lighting has been professionally restored
- Original Californian Bungalow doors have all been professionally restored
- The 2 living areas located at opposite ends of the house provide flexibility and privacy if required
- Plumbing for a second kitchen or kitchenette is located just outside the lead light window in the front lounge
- There is an option to extend upstairs into the roof space and obtain city views
- Side access to the backyard
- Porch, all steps and dog boards around house are constructed from mod wood requiring no ongoing maintenance
- Back half of the house is rendered brick veneer
- Heating costs reduced by northerly large windows
- Close proximity to supermarkets