67B Youngman Street, Preston VIC 3072
Contemporary Class and Design Excellence
What we love about this home:
This is the first house we’ve owned – we bought it around five years ago to be a family home for us and our two little children.
The house was brand new when we moved in, and we have loved how easy it has been to live here – everything is low maintenance and well designed for modern living. All the rooms are light-filled and airy, and easy to warm or cool as needed. We have made a number of small improvements, including new skylights, ceiling fans, LED downlights, and new carpets.
The four bedrooms provide myriad options; over time we have changed rooms around to suit our circumstances. For example, we have made one bedroom a dedicated guest room, and another a playroom for the children. The multiple bathrooms mean that the upstairs and downstairs can be zoned.
We commissioned a landscaper friend of ours to redesign the front garden soon after moving in. We asked for an edible garden with an emphasis on natives – the trees are maturing nicely and starting to provide good fruit. Around the back, the living area opens out onto the large deck, which is ideal for entertaining, and even has enough room for a trampoline. The double carport is handy for storage, and the whole property feels very safe and secure.
What we love about this suburb:
One of the greatest things about living in this house has been its proximity to Preston Market; every Saturday morning we walk down with the kids to get a coffee, catch up with friends, and stock up for the following week. The nearby Woolworths is also very convenient, and Northland Shopping Centre is a short drive.
There is an abundance of cafes and restaurants within easy walking distance, and more seem to be opening all the time. A particular favourite has been the Food Truck Park, which is great for a Sunday evening with family and friends.
Youngman Street is a lovely, scenic street, with several parks nearby and friendly and respectful neighbours. Having the 86 tram at one end of the street, and the Preston train station a 10 minute walk from home has given us lots of options for commuting and getting around the city.
Why we are selling:
We are staying in the area, but moving closer to the kids’ school.
- Polished timber floors
- Built in robes in each bedroom
- Downstairs master bedroom with en suite
- New skylight in the living area with solar-powered blind
- New skylight in the upstairs bathroom
- All bedrooms recarpeted in late 2016
- LED downlights with dimmer switches
- Plantation shutters on north-facing bedrooms
- Three split-system reverse-cycle air conditioners
- Ceiling fans in living area and master bedroom
- Security flyscreen doors on front and rear
- Upstairs bathroom with two-way access
- Separate powder room downstairs with simulated skylight
- Large deck perfect for entertaining
- Double carport with automatic roller door, lockable tool shed, and hanging storage
- Fully fenced, pet friendly front and back yards
- Hard-wired smoke detectors