650 Gilbert Road, Reservoir, VIC, 3073
Contemporary Flair Wrapped in Mid-Century Charm
What we love about this home:
We have redeveloped this house with family in mind; it’s large, bright and character filled with both private and shared spaces. We love the light in the living room, and view of the garden. Having multiple living spaces is ideal for working from home, watching TV while someone else is reading and for having kids on computers in a space that is not shut away from the adults.
The living spaces are bright throughout the year, and for a large percentage of the year we have the double doors open to enjoy the indoor/outdoor lifestyle.
The laundry/mudroom is large and designed to be super easy to clean, so that muddy footprints, sports gear and washing stays contained. The dog door in this room means our pup has her own indoor space to which she can come and go when we’re out, or just needing a bit of puppy free time indoors.
The house has so much storage, which is unusual and so wonderful. It makes it so easy to keep the house tidy.
Our front garden is planted to be mostly native and attracts birds and bees aplenty. We love that we can sit in bed and watch birds in the trees outside our window, almost forgetting we’re in the city, and yet we can walk 5 minutes and be on a tram – that’s the best of both worlds!
This house is a beautiful mix of history and contemporary style, which gives it a beautiful, warm and character filled feeling.
What we love about this suburb:
This part of Reservoir is vibrant and interesting. We have an art gallery, a wine bar and several fabulous parks within easy walking distance. It’s a 5-minute walk to a great dog park with a playground attached. We are a 3-minute walk to the fabulous Reservoir West Primary School, which makes school mornings so much easier. The local community is friendly and diverse. We have a few local festivals, including Reservoir Stomp and The Darebin Kite Festival, both of which are in walking or biking distance and are bustling with local; people you see at the dog park, the school walk, the local gallery openings. Commuting is very easy from our house, as it’s a 5-minute walk to the tram, a ten-minute walk to the train, and an easy bike ride to the St George’s Road bike path.
Preston Market is close, as is a large Woolworths, or the quirky Edwardes Street Shopping Centre.
Why we are selling:
We are selling our beautiful home in order to move closer to family in New Zealand. We are reluctant to leave our community here in Gilbert Road, but look forward to new adventures.
Any other information:
• Original hardwood floors, polished and brushed to create a non-slip surface that will not be scratched by pets
• New plumbing throughout house
• New smoke detectors
• Two bathrooms
• Large freestanding bath in main bathroom
• Brand new shower with easy clean vinyl wrap splash back in laundry/mudroom
• All toilets and showers are water saving devices
• Built in robes in all 3 bedrooms, including walk in wardrobe in master bedroom
• Bedroom areas close off from living areas allowing privacy and entertaining possibilities.
• Original art deco light fitting retained in main bedroom
Heating, cooling and insulation
• Hydronic heating throughout, which works on a timer system
• House insulated to high standard
• Wall between bedroom and media/family room insulated with high sound proofing insulation and plaster board
• Airconditioning units in all three bedrooms
Wiring and Connectivity
• Ceiling speakers wired to central media cupboard, and currently running via Google Chromecast
• Whole house rewired 7 years ago
• Ethernet plug below media/family room desk
• NBN connected and working
• Much of the original built in cabinetry has been retained, for a sense of history and also for the wonderful workmanship of the era.
Original built-in wall unit in media/family room, in solid timber with art deco styling
Original whole wall built in robes and storage in third bedroom, in dark timer
• Laundry/mudroom floor non slip vinyl wrapped for easy clean
• Dog door in door leading to back garden
• No alarm in sensor in laundry/mudroom to allow dog to come and go when house is alarmed.
• Sensor easily added to existing system by purchaser if desired.
• Plentiful storage including space designed for cleaning equipment
• Native, bird attracting front garden with bricks from original bathroom forming paths.
• Fully fenced, large pet friendly back garden
• Very private and quiet back garden with lots of space for veges, entertaining and playing
• Apricot and plum tree produce a lot of lovely fruit in December/January
• 2x Apple trees recently planted and 1 lemon tree
• Back addition done as Owner Builders