141 Barkly Street, Carlton, VIC, 3053
Elegant Victorian terrace in a blue ribbon Carlton enclave
- We have enjoyed the garden in ALL weathers (except extreme heat or cold) due to the conservatory.
- Due to its close proximity, our family has used the Carlton Gardens a lot. This has constituted an extension to our own garden.
- The house has evolved to meet the needs of the family over the 50 years of our occupancy.
- The house comfortably accommodated the young people in the family, before and after they left university. We had a decade of adult offspring (three) living in the house.
- We have fond memories of our wonderful neighbours sharing dinners together, as well as Christmas parties in the Carlton Gardens.
- Carlton is a wonderful and vibrant community. We have been actively engaged in street closures and protecting this fantastic Heritage precinct.
- Readings, Jimmy Watson’s, King & Godfree, Watt’s Shoe Store and other shops have been fixtures in our lives.
- Lygon Street, Brunswick Street and Melbourne city have been frequented and enjoyed over many years. They are all within walking distance, as is the University of Melbourne, our alma mater.
- Overseas visitors have appreciated being so close to the sights of Melbourne. Barkly Street is a clean street that has made us proud Melburnians.
- Last, but not least, this house has witnessed countless dinner parties, family occasions and parties of all sorts. Children’s parties, cocktail parties and family celebrations have all been experienced here.
Great experience - great team and local knowledge
Review by Anna
Both Barry and I found the Nelson Alexander team exemplary in all respects.
Review by Barry & Davina Johnson