39 Collier Crescent, Brunswick, VIC, 3056
Edwardian to contemporary: a stunning renovation
We’ve lived at 39 Collier Crescent Brunswick for over 10 years. So much to love!
…about the location:
• 20 min bike ride to the CBD (or easy tram/train)
• Regular walks/rides through royal park to the zoo, Temple Park, Princes Park
• Scenic Royal Park tram (58) to Vic Market for bratwurst, seafood and veggies (or ride/drive in minutes)
• Local restaurants (Post Mistress), cafes (Miss Marmalade), and shopping (Barkly Square) plus even closer village bakery, Melbas coffees, Vindaloo, great fish and chips, Coles & post office
• Riding on the Capital City Trail to Studley Park and Fairfield Boathouse for coffee
• The hospital and university precinct
• Tullamarine airport.
…about the house:
• Thoughtfully extended by previous owners for warm light filled living areas
• Peaceful weekends only kms from the CBD surrounded by a wall of green and bird life
• The configuration and orientation of the home
• Summer afternoons entertaining friends on the deck shielded from the western sun by the house
• Hosting large groups for lunches with people spilling into the garden and using the brick garden beds as seating
• Opening up the doors so the kids can play in the garden while we drink coffee and read the paper (gold!)
• Lying on the lawn!
• Separate living spaces, cosy winter nights in the period living room by an open fire
• The warmth, character and history of the house, and the thermal properties of solid brick
• Removing the old garage (too small for a car) to create off street parking – such a plus for loading and unloading kids safely, camping gear, shopping, bikes etc.
We highly recommend Charlie Barham and…
Review by Chris & Prue