32 Blair Street, Brunswick VIC 3056
Where two worlds meet a bold and brilliant renovation
Formerly a corner shop and bakery, this historic residence (ca 1883) has been sensitively restored with a spectacular light-flooded extension by acclaimed Modscape designers. Featured in House & Garden, the 3/4 BR home, with entry from a lace-trimmed verandah to a wide central hall, has a versatile floor plan including two bedrooms, a home office/4th bedroom and a stunning family bathroom with clawfoot bath and walk-in shower. All these rooms from the original house have been restored to include gleaming hardwood floors, timber panelling, ornate cornices and a marble-mantelled open fireplace. Flowing to the rear, the stunningly spacious cube extension houses a huge glass-walled living and dining room with soaring ceiling, fringed by a Zen-inspired courtyard and open to a state-of-the-art kitchen (Zug/Miele appliances, pantry, finely crafted cabinetry). Sharing the view over the lawned garden and gas-heated swimming pool is the upper-level master bedroom/retreat, complete with walk-in wardrobe and a striking ensuite. Including a double garage, storeroom, al fresco entertaining area, laundry/powder room, sauna and vertical garden adjoining the pool, this outstanding residence is close to stations, schools and Sydney Road cafes. Features include zoned air-conditioning, double glazing, custom cabinetry and imported tile finishes. Here is Brunswick bespoke living at its very best!
*Nelson Alexander Update*
All Nelson Alexander open for inspections and auctions are conducted in accordance with the latest government guidelines. We may request you to wear a mask, use hand sanitiser, refrain from touching any items/fixtures and doors and ask you to provide your contact details. We appreciate your assistance.
What we love about this home:
- We have put a lot of hard work and passion into this house and absolutely love living here.
- The house offers a sense of space and tranquility. A great escape in the inner city.
- We designed it to have multiple spaces to enjoy. From the Victorian era front bedrooms and office/living room, to the extra large and indulgent bathroom. Then, the modern kitchen and living area is delightful. We also really love the backyard. There’s nothing better than coming home from a long day at work to relax in the sauna and then plunge into the pool. We have had many great times with family and friends in the backyard and will miss it greatly.
What we love about this suburb:
- It’s edgy, eclectic and always deeply interesting.
- This is the perfect spot in Brunswick. It’s close to the city and Princes Park, but far enough away to enjoy the silence. We’re right between Sydney and Lygon Streets, but our street is so quiet it feels like we’re living in a country town. There’s no through traffic, only local.
- Brunswick, of course offers lots of entertainment and food options.
- We love this part of the inner north so much that we’re moving just around the corner.
Why we are selling:
- We are splitting our time more between our beach house and the city (monthsandseasons.com.au), so we’re finding that we’re away a lot from our house in Brunswick. We’re also developing a property in the Macedon Ranges, and that will pull us away from the city more.
Auction $2,100,000 - $2,300,000
Sat 24th April, 11:30am
Wednesday, 14th April 2021
6:00PM - 6:30PM
Saturday, 17th April 2021
9:00AM - 9:30AM
Thursday, 22nd April 2021
1:00PM - 1:30PM
Saturday, 24th April 2021
11:00AM - 11:30AM