Macleod is a suburb of Melbourne, 14 km north-east of Melbourne’s Central Business District. At the 2011 Census, Macleod had a population of 9,606. Macleod West refers to the predominantly residential locality to the west of the railway line and station.
The suburb was named after Malcolm Macleod, who acquired land in the area in 1903. Macleod railway station opened in 1911, 9 years after the railway line passed though. Macleod Post Office opened on 11 December 1923, and was replaced by the Simpson Barracks office in 1987. Macleod West Post Office opened in 1954 on Aberdeen Road near the railway station.