1/317 Barkers Road, Kew VIC 3101
Elegant eco-living in leafy Boroondara
Freshly painted in neutral tones, this home is the perfect base for any styling. Features of the home include high ceilings, elegant cornicework and polished floorboards throughout. The kitchen has abundant storage and recently updated stainless-steel appliances. The living areas are spacious and include built-in bookcases. The master bedroom features handcrafted sliding screens to make the room a peaceful sanctuary, along with a walk-in robe and a balcony overlooking the courtyard. Two further large bedrooms have spacious built-in robes and city views. The fourth bedroom could be flexibly used as a bedroom, study or studio. Privacy is always ensured with roller blinds installed throughout. Skylights add to the already abundant natural light in the airy stairwell and bathroom.
The courtyard offers established garden beds and privacy for easy entertaining. There are three off-street car spaces and fabulous proximity to public transport (train, tram and bus), local parks, Swinburne University and many schools, including Carey Baptist Grammar School directly across the road. Auburn Village and Glenferrie Road are within easy walking distance. The common areas include a cool shaded private walkway with herbs by the mailboxes and a professionally planted garden.
Contemporary & environmentally friendly living
Some attractive features:
- Solar panels installed in 2018
- Double glazed windows and double brick walls - highly effective insulation for all seasons
- Electric appliances in the kitchen (stainless steel dishwasher, oven, and cooktop)
- Split system heating and cooling in the master bedroom
- Natural gas hot water and ducted central heating connected
- Three large custom-built wicking beds in the courtyard for low maintenance, water efficient gardening
- Compost bays, green waste bins and further personal garden equipment or secure bicycle storage are behind the carport