Applications are now closed.
The Nelson Alexander Charitable Foundation is excited to announce its major annual fundraiser Foundation Day is set to take place on Saturday 4th June 2022, and applications are open. Please view the application form below.
Foundation Day is special to Nelson Alexander as it’s the day we give back to our local community.
It’s on this day that each of our sixteen offices donates the professional fee from one of their auctions to support a community organisation or charity.
Our connection with our local communities runs deep within our culture, and we are proactive in delivering meaningful responses to the needs of worthwhile causes through the Nelson Alexander Charitable Foundation.
Foundation Day is a direct response to our Foundation’s focus on supporting youth, education and the alleviation of disadvantage.
Since the Nelson Alexander Charitable Foundation’s inception, we have raised and distributed over $4 million dollars, an amount we are proud to increase every year.
Information regarding the application process is detailed below:
Foundation Day grants: grants in the vicinity of $8,000 – $30,000. (Donation level will not be confirmed until the property's sale and will be influenced by location and market conditions on the day of the auction).
Application closing date: 15th April 2022.
Application form: found at the bottom of this page.
Foundation Day application criteria:
The Foundation considers applications for any project or program that demonstrates a benefit to our local community, with a particular focus on youth, education and alleviating disadvantage.
The Foundation considers applications for the following:
- Specific items contributing to community organisations.
- Cultural and educational programs.
- Equipment, e.g. medical, sporting, educational.
- Improvement in the quality of life for a person/group.
Please note the committee is not able to consider requests for the following:
- Ongoing administration costs, such as staff wages.
- Projects outside our geographic footprint or require recurrent funding.
- Donations to general appeals, sponsorships or other general funding foundations.
- Capital items that would typically be funded wholly through government sources.
- Merchandise, marketing and catering for events.
- Funding to operate events to raise funds for a particular organisation or cause.
This year's selected charities will be announced in May via our blog - stay tuned.